We’ve partnered with OpenMind to help you build your conversations capabilities. OpenMind is a free online interactive platform designed to help prepare you with the knowledge and skills that will help you make the most of your conversations.
OpenMind will guide you through 5 Steps that will equip you with the cognitive tools to constructively engage those who are different than you.
OpenMind equips people with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the perspectives of others
- Speak constructively across differences
- Reach mutual understanding
- Learn and grow from challenging conversations
- Reduce hostility and distrust
- Cultivate civic virtues
After completing OpenMind's online program, you'll be more than ready to start conversations with strangers at a FreeIC outing! 🙌
How to use OpenMind
- Go to the following link to access OpenMind: https://openmindplatform.org/app-user
- Create a username and password with GuidedTrack. This will enable you to save your progress and log in from different devices.
- After creating your username and password, you will be prompted to enter an access code. Enter: FreeIC2018 (case sensitive).
Please note: OpenMind is divided into 5 interactive steps, each of which takes 10-25 minutes to complete.